- Meet Our Team
- Pet Library
- Informational Pages
- More Features
- Contact Us
The History Fremont Animal Hospital
In 1995, Dr Audrey and her husband Peter decided to renovate the carriage house attached to their 18th century colonial home and open Fremont Animal Hospital.
The hope was that by converting the carriage house into an animal hospital located in a beautiful small town country setting they would be able to provide a warm and welcoming environment for pets and their owners.
In June 1995 Dr Audrey and a single other employee welcomed FAH’s first client. Today, over 23 years later, FAH continues to grow and now employs over 20 employees and has over 3000 clients. This hospital underwent an addition in 2004 and now houses the latest veterinary medical equipment including digital xray, digital dental xray, ultrasound, state of the art in-house laboratory, laser therapy and paperless software system to complement its' 3 exam rooms, a surgical suite, pharmacy, treatment area, lab room, cat only "condo" space, grooming area and indoor runs.
The house and hospital building’s have some historical significance according to Fremont town historian Matthew Thomas. The house was build circa 1753-1757 in the town that was then called Poplin. At that time, the house was known as the Esquire Zaccheus Clough’s Hook-In-The-River Tavern.
A plaque attached the house states the following:
Four of 100 barrels of gunpowder captured by American Patriots at Fort William and Mary in Newcastle, NH on December 14,1774 were hidden here for safekeeping from the British Army and later used at the historic Battle of Bunker’s Hill on June 17,1775.